AGC | Buyer/Purchasing Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Buyer/Purchasing Coordinator purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services as is needed for the efficient operation of the plant.
- Negotiates purchase price of MRO and consumables, capital projects and tooling below $25,000
- Reviews and updates requisition per the purchasing policy/decision matrix authority levels
- Creates and maintains purchase orders, solicits quotes and creates long-term purchase agreements as needed to prepare for sourcing
- Interacts with vendors and suppliers and negotiates cost down
- Ensures compliance with JSOX and IATF16949 requirements for purchasing and provides scorecard data to monitor results
- Interacts with accounts payable and finance departments to validate purchase and payables compliance and reconciling invoice discrepancies
- Ensures the daily release and long-term forecasting of raw materials for production
- Maintains adequate inventory management of the components needed for daily production
- Verifies on-time delivery performance and works with SCM staff to update monthly
- Interacts with other departments and assists with procurement issues as necessary
- Utilizes PowerLink to enter and retrieve data
- Combination of two to four years of directly related education, training and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing supply chain preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Materials Management is preferred
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of purchasing computerized systems
- Ability to cross-train to provide coverage for departmental peers
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please include salary requirements on a cover letter.