AGC | Buyer/Purchasing Coordinator, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Buyer/Purchasing Coordinator purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services as is needed for the efficient operation of the plant with approximately $200 million in sales. This is an exempt role with travel less than 20% of the time.
- Negotiates purchase price of MRO, consumables, capital projects and tooling below $25,000
- Reviews and updates requisition per the purchasing policy/decision matrix authority levels
- Creates and maintains purchase orders, solicits quotes and creates long term purchase agreements when needed to prepare for sourcing
- Interacts with vendors and suppliers and negotiates cost down
- Ensures compliance with JSOX and IATF16949 requirements for purchasing and provides scorecard data to monitor results
- Interacts with accounts payable and finance departments to validate purchase and payables compliance and reconciling invoice discrepancies
- Ensures the daily release and long-term forecasting of raw materials for production
- Maintains adequate inventory management of components needed for daily production
- Verifies on-time delivery performance and works with purchasing staff to update monthly
- Interacts with other departments and assists with procurement issues as necessary
- Utilizes PowerLink to enter and retrieve data
- Passion – Exhibits a dedication to the AGC mission, plant and department mission, people and values pursuing continuous improvement and thinking deeply about our business.
- Innovation & Change Orientation – Networks with others, internally and externally. Stimulates, encourages and cultivates new thinking, ideas and experimentation. Exhibits intolerance for maintaining the status quo. Anticipates and quickly adapts to change. Takes calculated risks
- Integrity – Behaves in a predictable, consistent and reliable manner. Follows through and delivers on commitments. Leads by example. Communicates an agenda with transparency. Acts in a manner that puts company interest before self-interest. Exhibits unquestionable business ethics on a global basis.
- Courage for Challenge – Expresses optimism and a positive attitude even when faced with adversity and crisis. Makes tough decisions. Learns from failure and recovers. Engages in life-long professional and personal development.
- A combination of two to four years of directly related education, training and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing supply chain preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Materials Management preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Moderate to advance mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of purchasing computerized systems
- Ability to cross-train to provide coverage for departmental peers
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.