AGC | Buyer/Purchasing, Alabaster, AL
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Summary of Position:
AGC Automotive Americas in Alabaster, AL is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Buyer/Purchasing role. This position purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services as is needed for the efficient operation of the plant with approximately $200 million in sales. This is an exempt, salaried position with a less than 20% travel requirement.
- Create and maintain purchase orders, by pulling forecast from Infor or CCore
- Check MRP daily to sustain min/max inventory levels
- Run report in Infor or CCore to check RM/Shipped within last month to help manage inventory
- Verify inventory accuracy to prevent expedites or production overtime
- Interact with vendors and suppliers and negotiates cost down
- Ensure compliance with JSOX and IATF16949 requirements for purchasing and provides scorecard data to monitor results
- Interact with accounts payable and finance departments to validate purchase and payables compliance and reconciling invoice discrepancies
- Ensure the daily release and long-term forecasting of raw materials for production
- Maintain adequate inventory management of components needed for production schedule
- Verify on time delivery performance and works with purchasing staff to update weekly/monthly
- Interact with other departments and assists with procurement issues as necessary
- Utilize Powerlink to enter and retrieve data
- Run past due report weekly
- Other duties and projects as assigned; interact with production to determine how lines runs. This will help with safety levels to prevent shortages
- Inform bad news first to management, must work thru issue to resolve and determine “What and Why” this occurred to prevent from happening again
- Back-up for SC staff (MRO buyer)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Materials Management preferred
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- A combination of two to four years of directly related education, training and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing supply chain preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Moderate to advance mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of purchasing computerized systems
- Ability to cross-train to provide coverage for departmental peers
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
No recruiter phone calls, please!