AGC | Antenna and Connectivity Technology Engineer, Ypsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas (AGCAA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
In this position, the individual will work as part of a glass product development team that designs, develops, tests, and validates glass antenna solutions for internal and external customers. These solutions will range from ideas through mass production, and beyond.
- Achieve customer satisfaction through internal and external customer relationship management
- Perform research and development activities
- Explore, track, and monitor cutting-edge technologies, and automotive industry antenna design trends
- Develop innovative solutions with challenging technical and customer requirements
- Document hypothesizes, processes, findings, conclusions etc. as required
- Conduct experiments independently
- Set-up, use and maintain related test equipment
- Prepare and present test results in a clear and concise manner
- Manage and implement concurrent projects and project activities applying a stage/gate methodology
- Track and report project schedules, budgets, statuses, and next steps to project leaders, other team members, leadership, and customers, as required
- Regularly, collaborate with customers and team members to develop innovative solutions
- Work as a liaison between customers, vendors, subcontractors and all internal parties involved on the project with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Present information at all levels of the organization, for understanding and validation
- Domestic travel by car and air 15-25%; international travel up to 10%
- Postgraduate degree in RF Antenna/Applied Electromagnetics/RF Circuit design
- BSEE or equivalent degree, with antenna and/or applied EM coursework
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in frequency selective surfaces, metamaterials and reconfigurable antennas
- Automotive specification level testing experience including: Design, Validation, Plan and Report (DVP&R)
- Ability to consider and share alternative approaches to processes and methodologies
- Ability to manage and communicate project plans, priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems utilizing industry standard methodologies (e.g. PDCA, DFMEA, Root Cause, 5-Whys, etc.)
- RF and/or antenna design background with application experience related to AM, FM, DAB, DTV, RKE, Cellular/GSM/UMTS/LTE/4G/5G, 802.11, Bluetooth, SDARS, GNSS, and/or DSRC
- Demonstrated ability to apply RF/antenna theoretical concepts and practical expertise to develop RF/antenna system products, methods and processes meeting industry standards and customer specifications
- Hand-on experience of developing, prototyping and testing radio RF antennas/antenna systems or equivalent components
- Working knowledge of RF and antenna related hardware (e.g. anechoic chambers, NF/FF measurements, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, meters, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of commercial 3-D electromagnetic modelling and simulation tools, such as Advanced Design System (ADS), CST Studio, FEKO and MATLAB
- Proficiency in Microsoft software and knowledge of programming languages such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C++
- Experience within a manufacturing process (development through mass production)
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or are interested in applying please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (734) 547-0750. Submissions without salary requirements will NOT be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.