AGC | Account Manager (North American OEM’s), Farmington Hills, MI
Get to Know Us:
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
Summary of Position:
Sales Account Managers are responsible for identifying objectives, developing and implementing strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales earnings. Negotiating and obtaining new business awards from customers, front loading promotion of new products. Organizing and maintaining detailed records of account and program information including program schedules, cost/price, part design levels, market share, and production forecasts. Ensuring customer satisfaction by coordinating responses to customers in all areas including commercial, quality, delivery, and development.
- Supports or, in the absence of a Sr. Sales Manager, responsible for maintaining/improving the Relationship with existing customers and with new departments within existing customers
- Supports the process of building a relationship with new customers
Mid-Long Term Strategy:
• Supports the creation of the Mid-term plan as well as supporting KPI’s
- Supports the creation of the Global Sourcing Strategy
- Supports or, in the absence of a Sr. Sales Manager, responsible for:
- Local Sourcing Strategy
- Front–Loading Activity
- Negotiation with customer
- Sourcing Result for future
- Responsible for VE / VA Activity (if applicable)
New Model Development responsibilities include:
- Pre-Production Phase and Mass Production Price Change
- ROS & Price Tracking
- Prototype & Pre-production Trial Order Preparation
- Supporting Production Preparation
- Approval of Mass Production Preparation (Commercial)
- Approval of Tooling invoice
- Value Up Activity
- VE / VA Activity
- SOR (commercial support)
- Pricing Maintenance / Aging / Debit Memo
- Customer Scorecard
- Service Parts
- Quality & Delivery Troubles
- EOP Preparation
- Supports Survey / Customer Request
- Supports Monthly Performance Review
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- 6 years experience as Sales Manager or Account Manager in an Automotive Parts Company
- 3-5 years NA OEM Sales working experience, preferred
- Ability to negotiate with OEM customer at all levels of customer authority
- Ability to understand technical drawings, specifications for manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to understand finance and accounting principles
- Deep knowledge of Stellantis and Ford customer systems. E.g. (Covisint, Webquote, WERS, etc.)
We’re looking for someone who is:
Creative– You possess the internal need to create and continually iterate. You look at situations with an open mind and develop smart, efficient and often non-obvious solutions.
Innately Curious – You are naturally curious about cause-effect relationships, what-if scenarios and why-done analysis.
Intuitive – You have the ability to see interconnections and dependencies between seemingly disparate pieces. You can identify a missing element and/or gap based on general logic, even without having specific knowledge or experience in the subject.
Self-Educating – In addition to formal training opportunities, you possess an internal drive to identify areas of missing knowledge and independently close gaps.
Internally Motivated – You have an internal drive based on interest and/or self-imposed expectations.
Humble/Customer Serving – You embody our mission to enable the customer facing teams to be successful. You understand that our customer’s failure is, at least on some level, our failure.
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, 14 paid holidays, 401k with Company match, free uniforms, safety boot reimbursement program, prescription safety glasses (frames and lenses) and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.