AGC | Accountant, Elizabethtown, KY
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
The Accountant ensures the accuracy and integrity of cost accounting and financial reporting as well as provides management with information and analyses for use in making decisions critical to the success of the business. Reports directly to the Controller and will also work with plant management.
Responsibilities include month-end closing, cost accounting, financial reporting, variance analysis, cost savings analyses, internal controls compliance, budget analysis and development, capital expenditures, and forecasting.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the plant’s standard cost accounting system
- Supports the Plant Management Team to assure achievement of the plant objectives, including analyzing data to initiate improvements and cost savings
- Manages systems (cost accounting, inventory, and assets) for current, accurate and complete accounting and reporting of costs, overhead, inventory, controls and policies, and physical inventory counts
- Assists in forecasting processing including analyzing cost trends and patterns
- Assists in the creation and achievement of the approved budget of the plant
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Interprets and reports events and practices having an impact on product cost operations
- Analyzes and interprets daily cost data to identify problem areas and provides explanations to management of significant variances
- Directs variance meetings to build rapport with production personnel and aid their comprehension of cost data
- Possesses responsibility for the accuracy of finished goods and raw materials inventories
- Develops and maintains a cycle counting process
- Coordinates and prepares for annual physical inventories
- Investigates significant physical inventory variances in order to determine casual factors and formulates and recommends specific courses of action to resolve problem areas
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of period-end cost closing data to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Demonstrates AGC Way in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Works or collaborate with other AGC sites.
- Potential in future to also have some responsibilities for other sites based on resource availability.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, required
- Minimum 4 to 6 years Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems (including SAP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a strong contributor in cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop and present solid solutions to team members and management
What can AGC Offer You?
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – To be considered, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.