R&D Team Leader- Advanced DevelopmentYpsilanti, MI
AGC Automotive Americas R&D, a global leader in glass and glazing Research and Development has an exciting opportunity available for a Team Leader within the Advanced Development Team in Ypsilanti, MI
As the Advanced Development – Team Leader you will be responsible for promoting global and regional strategies, leading a team of experts that conceive and deliver innovative new materials, beginning at the idea stage through production. Utilizing the team of experts, cutting edge science, and technology to create solutions and solve complex challenges that will satisfy internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead team and manage technical activities in compliance with EH&S, Quality, Regulatory, customer specifications and internal standards
- Contribute to the strategy and validation of concepts with global, regional, and local stakeholders
- Develop local R&D project roadmaps that are guided by clear goals, development of people, project objectives, and timelines and communicated with stakeholders and regional teams
- Development of team level understanding of production schedules, costs (R&D through mass production) engineering/customer specifications, and related knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities
- Delivery of accurate technical requirements/specifications for the launch of products/technologies as well as continuous improvement of the current products/technologies
- Preparing and presenting high level technical presentations, reports, and/or requests
- Promote and participate in related intellectual property protection processes, as required
- Collaborations with material suppliers, labs, customers, and equipment suppliers
- Establish, propose, and maintain team level capital and operational budgets for human and equipment resources
- Day-to-day management of Advanced Development team including but not limited to performance feedback, goal setting, people and equipment scheduling, delegation, conflict resolution, priority management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in material science, mechanical engineering, or related field (Material science preferred)
- 2+ years managing non-technical operations
- 5+ years leading R&D projects
- 5+ years utilizing applicable engineering test methods and analytical equipment
- Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting complex technical information
- Demonstrated experience in aligning with and contributing to EH&S and Quality Management Systems
- Previous experience identifying, validating, and selecting key development collaborators
- Demonstrated understanding of developing team competencies, delivering effective performance evaluations, quantifiable goal setting, delivering critical feedback, and providing recognition.
- Knowledge of optical, environmental, materials, chemical and mechanical test methods, and analytical equipment
- Knowledge of applied industrial statistics, data compiling and analysis techniques, reliability engineering principles and methods, and accelerated life testing principles and methods
- Knowledge of method to calculate and evaluate cost(s) associated with R&D activities through production
- Understanding of the Stage Gate approach or similar from R&D through mass production
- Demonstrated knowledge of common problem solving methods to solve complex and non-complex, technical and non-technical situations
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, structured bonus plan, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
If you would like more information or would like to be considered for this position please submit a brief Letter of Interest along with your resume.